– WHAT IS CIRCLING? –
The practice of Circling is an incredibly powerful, new and fast growing practice that raises the bar for what is possible in relationship, personal growth and self-realization. You will be surprised at its richness, depth and simplicity.
In Circling, the attention of a group is skillfully focused on an individual. This person gets to feel the impact of being supportively seen by others while also experiencing their honest in-the-moment feelings. The process revolves around connection, understanding and a deep authenticity between people.
Some people call it “relational meditation” and others call it the best way to love the crap out of someone.
Like meditation, or like enjoying a really good meal, Circling is something one must experience to fully understand.
Ten Benefits of Circling
- Gives you the experience of “being seen” and known for who you really are.
- Reveals your “blind-spots”— exposing habitual ways of thinking, being, and acting that keep you from living the life you want.
- Opens you to the immediacy of presence, aliveness and a state of flow.
- Creates deep and meaningful connections and builds community.
- Makes intimacy more readily available in daily life—at the grocery store, at the office, with drinking buddies, and with your family.
- Trains you in the art and skills of authentic relating—bringing a meditative attitude of acceptance and self-transcendence into the heart of your deepest emotions and toughest relationships
- Facilitates profound transformation and personal growth (but has no goal other than to be more present to what is).
- It gives you instant feedback on how you impact people.
- It builds an uncommon order of complexity—a simultaneous embrace of two opposing poles at the same time—yet is simple and empowering to take part in.
- It facilitates exactly the perspective-taking-capacity that resolves global challenges.
To hear about some people’s experience with circling, check out these videos: